- For each XSCALE discipline there are just two levels of certification, Practitioner and Coach. There's no distinction between coaches and trainers. Trainers can coach and coaches train.
- Practitioner certification has no yearly dues, experience requirements, or sunset clauses. It just means the holder proved their literacy in the discipline. Real world mastery depends on real world experience.
- XSCALE Alliance maintains a Contributor community who do pay dues in exchange for participation in online and offline networking and continuous access to the latest shared collateral.
- These Contributors aren't motivated to pay to keep their certificates up. There are no sunset clauses because it's not like you magically forget what you know if you don't pay a tax.
- Stewards are senior community members authorized to train Coaches. Stewards provide Leadership as a Service to the Coach community to assure consensus on evolution of training and reference collateral. Stewards regularly meet in a council focused on evolution of the ecosystem as a whole.
- Strategic Partnership doesn't entail equity or directorial obligations and isn’t exclusive in any way; partner organizations may keep up whatever other affiliations they like.
- Nevertheless, to qualify as a strategic partner you must employ a minimum number of Coaches or Stewards. In return, strategic partners gain a discount on certification fees for their staff and clients.
- XSCALE Alliance is producing a set of cross-promotion guidelines that govern the way its strategic partners feature in online and offline collateral and events.
In this table, $X = $1000 AUD in Australia. $X = $1000 USD in the rest of the world.
|Practitioner||$X||None||Passed Test||None||Same as general public||LinkedIn certification displayed on Alliance site.|
|Contributing Practitioner||n/a||Certified Practitioner + pay annual fees||Simple licensing rules on use of shared collateral.||$X/5||Submit xscale.wiki pull requests to a Coach.||Right to include reference materials in derivative works + pre-published xscale.wiki review + Online Community Access|
|Coach||$5X||Reference from Coach + pay annual fees||Passed Test and Steward review||n/a||Training collateral read-only access||LinkedIn Certificate listed on XSCALE site + can train Practitioners|
|Contributing Coach||n/a||Certified Coach + pay annual fees||Simple licensing rules on use of shared collateral.||$2X||Submit xscale.wiki & Training collateral pull requests to Stewards.||As for Contributing Practitioners + pre-publication access & right to use and translate training materials + Online Community Access|
|Steward||$5X||Reference from Steward + passes Peter Merel Review + pay annual fees||Must become a Coach in all 4 certs + pass Steward Council Review||$5X||Full xscale.wiki editing permissions + Provides LaaS to the Coaching community.||Right to contribute to and edit training materials moderated by Council LaaS + can train Coaches + Online Community Access|