- XSCALE Alliance makes no distinction between Coach and trainer roles. All Coaches are authorized to train, and all Coaches contribute to XSCALE training collateral as moderated by the Stewards’ Council.
- There is no training path from Practitioner to Coach; Coaches are hand-selected by XSCALE Alliance Stewards based on direct experience of their work.
- Stewards are prominent independent thought leaders who collaborate on curation of training and reference collateral, and quality control of Coach selection.
- Stewardship is by invitation and incurs no fees, but Stewards must achieve at least one Coach certificate in an XSCALE discipline, and Practitioner in all.
- Stewards train Coaches only in disciplines where both are already considered expert. Stewards retain 50% of fees on any Coach certification they issue.
- Coaches train Practitioners. Practitioner certification has no experience criteria and only certifies literacy in the relevant practice-pattern-language, not practical expertise.
- Recommended Retail Practitioner training prices vary per market based on exchange and salary rates. In Zurich each Practitioner training costs $2,399 CHF including certification. In India, $600 USD. Coaches are free to offer discounts on training prices but these discounts don’t apply to XSCALE Alliance certification fees.
- XSCALE Alliance forms a marketplace in which Practitioners, Coaches and Partners share engagement opportunities. XSCALE Alliance takes no margin on such deals.
- XSCALE Alliance offers a “Fellowship” package that confers Coach certification at a Practitioner price. This package is available to suitably experienced coach candidates who refer a team of 5 or more full fare students to train as Practitioners. This package is offered to the prospective Coach and Practitioners at the sole discretion of a willing XSCALE Steward, who agrees to train them all.
|Practitioner||None||Passed Test and signed Manifesto||None||Submit xscale.wiki pull requests to Coaches.||Right to include reference materials in derivative works + pre-published xscale.wiki review + Online Community Access|
|Coach||Reference from Coach||Passed Test and Steward review||None||Submit xscale.wiki and Training collateral pull requests to Stewards||Train Practitioners + pre-publication access & right to use and translate training materials + Online Community Access|
|Steward||Reference from Steward + Steward Council Review||Must become a Coach in at least 1 and Practitioner in all 4 certs + pass Steward Council Review||None||Full xscale.wiki editing permissions + Provides LaaS to the Coaching community.||Contributes to and edits training materials moderated by Council LaaS + Authorises Online Community Access|
|Fellowship||As per Ecosystem Structure||Per certificate.||None||Per certificate.||Per certificate.|